Saturday, May 19, 2012
SMS Backup & Restore For Android
Automatic Scheduled Backups.
* View Backup Contents.
* Backups created in XML Format on the SD Card.
* Option to backup selected conversations only.
* MMS not supported yet.
* FAQs at FAQs about SMS Backup & Restore - Android Stuff
NOTE: There is a known problem with some firmware versions of the Droid X and Droid 2 phones that the restored messages do not get the correct time stamps.
This App needs the following permissions to work:
* Storage - modify/delete SD card contents (android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE): To create the xml file on the SD card.
* Your messages - edit SMS or MMS, read SMS or MMS (android.permission.READ_SMS, android.permission.WRITE_SMS): Needed to read SMS during backups and write them during restore.
* Your personal information - read contact data (android.permission.READ_CONTACTS): To display and store the contact names in the backup file.
* System tools - prevent phone from sleeping (android.permission.WAKE_LOCK): To prevent the phone from going to sleep/suspended state while a backup or restore operation is in progress.
* Hardware controls - control vibrator (android.permission.VIBRATE): To vibrate the phone when the backup or restore operation is completed.
- Finnish - Thanks to Juhana H.
- Russian - Thanks to Pavel (Павел Миронов)
- Spanish - Thanks to Miguel A. Alvarez
- French - Thanks to Julien Benoist
What's in this version:
Note: If you intend to do a factory reset on the phone, please make sure you save/email a copy of the backup outside the phone before doing the reset.
Added option to Adjust Timezone when creating the backup.
Timezone Adjustment now uses the DST offset in its calculation.
Download From Here